Best Bamboo Mattress Reviews 2017 – Buyer’s Guide
In our commitment to help you get a good night’s sleep, we’ve gone through the hard work of comparing and assessing 15 different products to come up with the 6 best bamboo mattresses.
Many of them are just as comfortable and inviting as a lot of the competing mattresses available with other composite materials, but bamboo mattresses allow you to help the environment when you're still asleep.
A bamboo mattress is going to be lacking in the sort of toxic chemicals that health conscious people are trying to avoid these days.
We have chosen some of the most eco-friendly mattresses on the market today, which can help aid spinal issues causing neck, shoulder and back pain by relieving pressure points.
In our buying guide, we made sure to review only the best bamboo mattresses and bamboo mattress toppers for you and your family.
A Preview on The Best Bamboo Mattresses in 2017
The Brentwood Home Gel 13 Bamboo Mattress is notable for the fact that people with multiple sleeping styles will love it. It's New Zealand wool zipper cover only serves to make the experience that much better for the people using it.
You'll love the LUCID 16-Inch Plush Memory Foam and Latex Mattress if you love your mattresses thick. This is one of the thickest and most supportive bamboo mattresses you'll find on the market today, and you'll notice a lot of your back problems disappearing as a result.
The LUCID 2.5 Inch Gel Infused Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper is notable for the fact that it is excellent for the regulation of external temperature, making the bed itself more comfortable for people at night.
The Milliard 2-Inch King Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper should have a lot to offer people with various disabilities, including asthma and problems with severe allergies. It is also good for the people who are heat-sensitive or cold-sensitive due to its good air ventilation properties.
The Classic Brands Bamboo-Rayon Fitted Waterproof Mattress Topper has the advantage of having a waterproof layer to it that is going to make it that much more comfortable for most people.
Table of Contents
- A Preview on The Best Bamboo Mattresses in 2017
- Reviews of the Best Bamboo Mattresses
- 1. Brentwood Home Gel 13 - Best bamboo mattress to buy in 2017
- 2. LUCID 16-Inch Plush Memory Foam and Latex Mattress
- 3. LUCID 2.5 Inch Gel Infused Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 4. Milliard 2-Inch King Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 5. Classic Brands Bamboo-Rayon Fitted Waterproof Mattress Topper
- 6. ExceptionalSheets Extra Plush Rayon from Bamboo Fitted Mattress Topper
- What To Look For in Bamboo Mattresses
- Choosing the Best Bamboo Mattress
- Advantages of a bamboo mattress
- Aftercare of a bamboo mattress
Reviews of the Best Bamboo Mattresses
This is a great bamboo mattress whether you're a side sleeper, a back sleeper, a stomach sleeper, or someone who doesn't sleep alone.
If you're a health-conscious and environmentally conscious person, and therefore well within the target audience for bamboo mattresses, you'll love the fact that this is a bamboo mattress that is completely free of the usual toxic chemicals.
It contains no phthalates, flame retardants, formaldehyde, or heavy metals.
The Brentwood Home Gel 13 bamboo mattress is made with three and a half inches of gel memory foam that will contort itself to your body.
You're not going to toss and turn as much. You're not going to deal with the motion transfer that occurs when your partner moves in bed or when you turn in the bed. The medium firmness of the mattress should give you the support that you need without feeling too hard.
The zipper cover is anti-microbial, so it is less likely to accumulate odors or bacterial contaminants.
The cover is made with soft New Zealand wool and is easy to remove and clean even if there is any contamination. Brentwood mattress reviews for this item have been overall very positive for a reason.
- This is a bamboo mattress that will work for multiple sleeping styles.
- The mattress lacks the toxic chemicals usually used in mattresses of all kinds.
- The zipper cover uses real New Zealand wool.
- The mattress uses CertiPUR-US certified foam.
- Made in the USA.
- People might start to leave imprints in the bamboo mattress after a while.
You'll be able to achieve real relief with this bamboo mattress. It offers neck and back relief and pretty much everything else.
You'll be able to sleep soundly, and the open cell memory foam technology means that you will get a mattress that shapes itself to you easily without leaving permanent indentations.
You won't find many mattresses on the market that are thicker and more supportive than this one.
This is a bamboo mattress that is even better when it comes to toxic chemicals than most.
People won't find any CFC's, low-emission VOC's, ozone depleting substances, or mercury in addition to the usual absence of phthalates, formaldehyde, and many of the typical toxic substances that people try to avoid in this instance.
This is a 16-inch bamboo memory foam mattress, and it's one of a small number among the bamboo mattresses.
- The mattress is easy for you to set up yourself.
- This bamboo mattress contains fewer toxic chemicals than most others.
- Thanks to the open cell technology, the bamboo mattress is not going to leave lasting impressions.
- This is one of the thickest mattresses that people are going to find.
- 25-year warranty
- The bamboo mattress might be too firm and thick for some people's tastes.
- Some people might not like the odor associated with this mattress.
If you have a lot of problems with temperature changes at night for any reason, then this is a great product for you. Its ventilation is good enough that you should be able to get comfortable regardless of how you are feeling inside.
You and anyone next to you should feel the same way.
This topper is wonderfully soft and comfortable. The bamboo cover is one of the most comfortable that most people are going to experience.
With the open cell technology, people are not going to have to worry about all of the problems associated with body impressions.
- The bamboo cover is removable and very soft to the touch.
- Ventilation will make the bed more comfortable for the people who struggle with temperature changes.
- The product uses open cell technology.
- This is not the most durable product in the world.
- Some people might not like the odor associated with it.
- Only 3 years warranty
You can use this mattress topper even if you have a lot of severe problems with allergies or with asthma.
This king size bamboo mattress topper was truly designed for everyone, which is not always the case with these sorts of products.
It was also designed to offer people very good airflow, which is also not something that they're going to get with the products on this market that fall into other categories.
People will find that this is a topper that is going to work for them even if they have various disabilities. Even if you have arthritis, this is a bamboo mattress that should work for you.
It's wonderfully comfortable to use in general, and it shouldn't lose its shape even after lots of use.
- This is a topper that a lot of people can use, since it is anti-microbial and hypoallergenic.
- The dense construction means that it should not quickly lose its shape.
- The topper has good air quality control, which should make it more comfortable for most people.
- The topper gets hot quickly.
- Some people might find it too smelly.
This product has a very high bamboo content and it should protect the mattress easily. It is hypoallergenic and people should have an easy time using it regardless of their conditions.
Lots of people will love the quilted texture that it has to offer people.
Given the waterproof aspect of the product, people aren't going to have as many problems associated with sweat or other issues for something like this.
- The product has a high bamboo content.
- It has a quilted shape.
- There is a waterproof barrier.
- The cover might get hot too easily.
- People might not all like the smell.
You can easily get comfortable on a product like this, which regulates its temperature. You should also be able to find it in the size that you like, and that is not always a guarantee with these sorts of products.
You won't get too hot on it, it won't aggravate your allergies, and you should be able to enjoy a good night's sleep free from a lot of the associated problems that you might have with it.
- This product allows people to regulate their body temperature very efficiently.
- People should find that the hypoallergenic aspects of the product and its lack of contaminants will make it safe.
- It is available in many different sizes.
- This is not the most durable product in the world.
- Some people might not like the smell.
What To Look For in Bamboo Mattresses
- They should have a medium firmness level, or at least the firmness level that you desire. The medium level will not be too lacking in support nor too hard.
- Bamboo mattresses, which are supposed to be for the environmentally conscious and the health conscious, should not contain toxic chemicals like phthalates, formaldehyde, heavy metals, or flame retardants.
- The bamboo mattress should at least last you long enough to get you to your next mattress purchase, if applicable. Bamboo mattresses should ideally be relatively durable.
- The mattress needs to be thick enough to provide you with the appropriate level of support.
- The bamboo mattress should not easily leave a lot of indentations since people are going to manage to fall into the area too easily otherwise and the mattress is going to steadily get less comfortable and less supportive for most people.
- People should try to decide which odors they can live with and which ones are going to be deal-breakers for them since this is going to vary from person to person.
- Ideally, a bamboo mattress should have the ventilation that it takes to keep you from constantly getting too hot or too cold at night.
Choosing the Best Bamboo Mattress
Top bamboo mattresses are notable for the fact that they're great choices for people who are concerned about the environment. If you want your next mattress to be one that is going to support an industry that could help protect the environment, a bamboo memory foam mattress can be the way to go. Memory foam innovation was initially created by NASA. It has its particular individual feel and shape to your body utilizing your weight and temperature. It has high weight easing properties, is hypo-allergenic and is accessible in an assortment of qualities and depths.
Bamboo is highly renewable, grows quickly, is very versatile, and does not generate much waste in its production. Its environmental benefits are staggering, and buying products that contain bamboo can help get this cash crop established.
You're certainly not going to lose anything in the bargain since bamboo memory foam mattresses are just as comfortable as their competitors. Before deciding which one you should buy read our bamboo memory foam mattress reviews and the buying guide.
It is now widely known that lots of different mattresses and pieces of furniture contain toxic flame retardants, phthalates, heavy metals, and formaldehyde. People understandably want to avoid inhaling all of that each and every night, especially since they're going to be so close to their mattresses during the process and while people might wash the chemicals out of their clothes, they won't wash them out of their mattresses.
Whether it is a bamboo twin mattress, bamboo queen mattress, bamboo king mattress or bamboo memory foam mattress, it can provide you with plenty of comfortable and effective alternatives that will give you a better night's sleep in more ways than one.
Advantages of a bamboo mattress
Bamboo mattresses come in different sizes, King size, Queen size, Twin size, Twin XL size, Full size and California King size. They are perfect for side sleepers, front sleepers and back sleepers alike.
Bamboo mattresses are eco-friendly and a natural organic material that is more breathable than cotton. A bamboo mattress will be cooler for you and will banish sleepless nights into the past.
The process of harvesting bamboo does not involve any toxins or pesticides, unlike cotton which does use chemicals in its production. Bamboo is kind to the environment.
A bamboo mattress cover will absorb moisture and allow you have a better night’s sleep at a comfortable temperature throughout the night.
Bamboo is bacteria and dust mite resistant which makes them a better option than other mattresses on the market today.
Bamboo is hypo-allergenic which is ideal for asthma and sufferers of other allergies, including snoring, migraines and lung problems.
Aftercare of a bamboo mattress
The bamboo mattress should be removed carefully from the packaging and allow 1 or 2 days for the mattress to assume its full size and shape.
The bamboo bed topper should be aired for a couple of days to let any odors from the manufacture and the packaging to go away before sleeping on your new mattress.
A waterproof mattress cover is a good idea to keep the mattress in pristine condition.
Every 3 to 6 months you should turn the mattress over and give the bamboo mattress an airing for 1 to 2 hours.
There are lots of great bamboo mattresses on the market today. You should choose the versions that will work for you. All people will have different priorities when it comes to their bamboo mattresses. The Brentwood Home Gel 13 is one of the best of its type overall, but if you have other priorities, you might be able to find an even better one for you.